|Matchup Preview | September 21, 2013|
|Texas State Bobcats|
(2-0, 1-0 Away)
|#25 Texas Tech Red Raiders|
(3-0, 2-0 Home)
- Baker Mayfield is good to go and is the starter going into the game against Texas State. All the injury is is a deep bruise.
-Texas Tech head coach Kliff Kingsbury said he doesn't even pay attention to the ranking and they just approach each week the same
- Kingsbury said there are not many days that they go without reminding the players that they were picked to finish 8th in the Big 12
- The Red Raiders have been averaging 91 yards per game in penalties and Kingsbury said they have to cut that number in half if they want to have a chance the rest of the way.
- Kingsbury said Texas State throws a lot of different defensive looks at opponents and currently lead the nation in rush defense
- Kingsbury said they want the players to have fun on Saturdays because that is their payday so they want them to fly around and play loose and have fun
- Kingsbury said he did watch the Alabama vs. Texas A&M game and was, "screaming and yelling and stuff at the TV. It's hard to watch that when you've been around those guys and coached those guys."
- Kingsbury said Beau Carpenter is still day-to-day at this point
- Kingsbury said it was a great idea for Tech Athletics to partner with the cotton industry to do a Cotton Game this weekend
- It will be a whiteout this weekend and Kingsbury said he is happy that the fans continue to come out in groves for the games
- After Deandre Washington's drop at the half yard line last week Kingsbury said he didn't jump on him on the sideline and just told him to go out there and make another play. At this point every player has been instructed to now go hand the ball to the official after scoring.
- Michael Brewer is getting close to be cleared to practice according to Kingsbury and has started to throw some. With the bye week coming up they are going to try and start easing him back into practice.
- Jace Amaro is good to go for this week's game and is excited to get back out there
- Sadale Foster strained his calf last week and Kingsbury said he does not know if he will be ready to go this week