All of the above shows that Buddy can just about find himself at home wherever he winds up. And, after concluding his unofficial visit to Wildcat country where you can bet your bottom dollar (Arizona O-Line) Coach Wolfie will pull out all stops to keep Brumit from heading to the Hub City, we will find out a lot more regarding his decision making-process in terms of picking the right fit, school, etc. for him.
"I can tell you right now that Arizona's chances are slim to none without seeing it," said Brumit who likens his popularity to Scout.com's promoting his D-I prospects after evaluating him in the Spring. "But I have heard the campus and facilities are awesome and so I can't wait to check it out. If it blows me away, this could get really, really tough."
As you read this, unless you're a night owl, just to put this in perspective timeline-wise Buddy is already on this unofficial visit as we speak, and will return Thursday.
That said the Red Raiders are in fact the team in the best position to land a solid commitment, not to mention ink the 6-2.5, 287-pound center this Signing Day. After all, he even said as much when telling Scout.com, "Ultimately, Tech really has me because of my family situation not many are aware of. But I will honor my prior commitment, which was to go to Arizona with an open mind. Obviously then, I can move forward with my commitment to Tech being solid or changing my mind and going with Arizona, probably the only school that really ever had a chance of getting me before I decided Tech might be better for me and my situation."
Will it be the Cats or the Raiders? We will find out, this Thursday, or Friday, according to Brumit, or will we? After all, it remains to be seen if he can come back from Tucson and fully end the suspense. Regardless, Raider Power/Cat Tracks and Scout.com will have that for you as soon as we learn anything...